1) Department of Anatomy, Govt. Medical College, Akola teach the basic Subject Anatomy to first year MBBS students. It deals with teaching structure of human body. Apart from Gross Anatomy, it includes Ostology, Embryology, Neuroanatomy, Genetics. The subject is tought by means of didactic lectures, lecture-cum-demonstration, dissection on human body, practicals, tutorials, seminars and using various modern teaching aids.
2) The Anatomy department arrange for body donation camps to increase awareness and accepts donated bodies after death as per Anatomy Act.
3) Embalming :- a procedure for preservation of dead bodies is performed in the department for donated bodies as well as for transport of dead bodies.
:: Cadaveric embalming
:: Transport embalming
4) Medico legal examination for identification of age & sex from skeletal remains.
- To provide quality teaching and practical knowledge of the subject.
- To focus on clinical aspects of the subject.
- To emphasize the embryological basis of congenital anomalies.
- Use advanced techniques & teaching aids for better understanding of the subject.
- To increase awareness in people about body donation.
1) To establish a well equipped functional genetic lab to enable karyotyping and molecular genetic diseases.
2) To establish a well equipped post graduate research laboratory.
3) To start post-graduate course i.e. MD Anatomy.
4) To start relevant certificate / fellowship courses under MUHS.
5) To make students well versed with the subject & utilize this knowledge in clinical /surgical care.
6) To upgrade the departmental museum and allowing school /college students/ common people in museum (On specified days with prior permission.) to understand human structure /organs/systems.
7) To promote horizontal & vertical teaching.
IV. Functions & objectives.
1) Teaching of Anatomy Including Histology, Embryology, Neuroanatomy, Genetics to First MBBS students.
2) Conduct dissections, demonstrations, practicals in the subject for practical understanding of the subject.
3) Conduct tutorials, seminars, quiz, assessment exams in the subject.
4) To organize body donation camps to increase awareness in people.
5) Embalming of donated cadavers and for transport of bodies.
6) Help the law & judiciary by opining about age & sex of a deceased from skeletal remains.
7) To conduct research in the subject and publish in indexed journals.
8) To continuously update the knowledge of faculties by conducting / participating in journal clubs, CME, MET & RMW workshops, conferences.
V. Organization Structure :-
a) Teaching Staff
Professor & Head of the Department :- Dr. S.V.Pandit
Associate Professor :- 1) Dr. A.D.Dhanwate 2) Dr. S.V.Tambe
Assistant Professor :- 1) Dr. P.R.Wadekar 2) Dr. N.F.Gathe 3) Dr. M.S.Supare
Tutors :- 1) Dr. Vijay Chavan 2) Dr. Vishal Bhagwat 3) Dr. Mohd. Kashif
b) Non teaching staff :- 1. Lab Assistnat / Techinician 2. Clerk cum typist 3. Dissection Hall attendants 4. Lab Attendants 5. Peon 6. Sweeper
VI. Awards & achievements
1) About 28 research papers have been published in various indexed National / International journals by department faculties.
2) Various papers presented by faculties in National & regional conferences. (NATCON & MAHACON)
3) Prize in Vidharbh level quiz completion in Anatomy by First MBBS students.
4) Apprreciation of the department by people & MLA's for successful conduction of organs display in Maha Arogya Abhiyaan.
5) Successful conduction of Cadaveric Arthroscopic workshop for orthopedic surgeons by the Anatomy Department.
RESULT OF PG D.M.L.T. & MBBS FOR SUMMER-2015
Admitted Student List course Ist MBBS for the year 2014-2015
List of MICROBIOLOGY Post Graduate Admission 2014-15 & 2015-16 & PHARMACOLOGY Post Graduate Admission 2014-15 & 2015-16