Department of Dermatology Venerelogy & Leprosy
Patients having disease related to skin allergies, leprosy, sexually transmitted infections and cosmetic problems are seen in outpatient department. Minor operation are done when required, patients are admitted in 30 bedded ward. Separate department with 8 rooms has been established. Minor OT is equipped with CO2 laser, Q-switched NdYAG laser, intense pulse light laser (IPL), electro cautery, radio frequency, suction blister, PUVA, NBUV etc. machines.
The department aims at giving best possible clinical care for outdoor-patient & indoor-patients
Functions & Objectives:-
- a) To start Post Graduation course in this subject.
- b) To strengthen clinical services and academics.
- c) To undertake new research activities & publications.
Organization & structure:-
- a) To provide quality teaching to medical students.
- b) To provide quality services to patients
- c) To implement and monitor National Programmes (of Leprosy and STD) and help Govt. to achieve goals towards eradication of
Leprosy and STIs.
1. Staff position:
- a) Professor: Dr Anand Asia
- b) Associate Professor: Dr Rachana Laul
- c) Assistant Professor: 1) Dr Girish Ambade; 2) Dr Vaibhav Tapre
- d) Senior Resident: Dr Chinmay Paradkar
- e) Junior Resident: 1) Dr Anuprita Chavan 2) Dr Piyusha Bhagde 3) Dr Sunil Deshmukh
- a) 10 cubicles with speciality clinic (Vesicobullous diseases, Psoriasis, Vitiligo, Pigmentory disorders, Leprosy
and STI clinic)
- b) LASER and minor operation room
- c) STD examination room
- d) Teaching room
3. IPD: 30 bedded ward with ancilliary facilities
4. Department: 8 rooms provided for faculties; departmental research lab; museum and library.
Awards & Achievements:
a) Publications: 6 research publications
b) Registered and administered (DCP pulse therapy for Pemphigus vulgaris and SLE) in maximum number of patients for approximately 270 times.