Department Of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Govt. Medical College, Akola has come into existence since 2002
- It is a comprehensive clinical service and educational department specializing in health care of women both on primary and referral basis. We provide quality clinical services in general obstetrics and gynecology, gynecologic oncology, uro gynaecology,infertility, pelvic surgeries, lapproscopic and hysteroscopic surgeries, pelvic reconstructive surgeries.
- We are specialized in providing academic education, laproscopic and minimal invasive surgeries for most gynaecological indication and minimal invasive procedures for urinary incontinence.
- We are providing services to women requiring high risk care and is commited to being a centre for excellence in women health care.
- We are running specility clinics in reproductive endocrinology, colposcopy, adolescent health, cancer clinic, menopause clinic, infertility clinic.
- We are having post graduation in obstetrics and gynecology recognized by MCI.
- We have also affiliation of MUHS for Fellowship in High risk Obstretics.
- We are giving care under JSSY, Rajiv Gandhi Yojna.
- We are running MCH care programmes, Family Welfare units.
- Trainings programmes for Public Health eg. EMOC, PPIUCD, SAB, CAC, TL Training.
- Active participation in National Sickle cell disease programme.
- National MMR programme.
- Registering births online in our department.
- Our mission in the department is EDUCATION, SERVICE AND RESEARCH.
- We strive to be leaders in Obstetrics & Gynecology and reproductive health for women of
all ages in the various communities through excellence in clinical care, education and research.
- We promote highest standard of Obstetrics & Gynecology and reproductive health through personalized clinical care based on latest research and innovation.
- Conduct research that provide evidence to expand the boundaries of our knowledge and to inform the practice and improve quality of Obstetrics & Gynecology and reproductive health care.
- Compassionate high quality patient care in an environment of humility, integrity and respect.
- Motivate our medical students, residents and post graduate students to be lifelong learners in the field of womens health.
- To be commited to the highest qualities, standards of service and traning in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- We strive to nurture and academic and patient care environment conduicive to acquiring and imparting high quality education, conducting innovative scientific research and providing promotive, preventive and curative community services in an empathetic, humanistic and ethical manner.
- Enpowering women to achieve healthier lives.
- To be an Obstetrics & Gynecology department with state of art, technology manned by professional staff who can provide quality health care services in different subspecialities of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- We are committed to providing the highest quality care to women in her every stage of life.
- We want all women to know that we give great care and we will be with her in every step of way.
- We are striving to be a regional leader in trading health care professionals to provide medical care of the highest standard. But in the regional context we are aligned with our national goals.
- Well women care.
- In depth extensive understanding of an area, from basic science to clinical application.
- Possession of skills to manage independently a problem in the area.
- Level of knowledge to achieve sufficient clinical management of a condition and
understanding of approach and technique .
- Reiterate our commitement to achieve a reduction in maternal mortality in alignment with
the national goals.
- Strives to be the center of excellence for providing care to patients and traning to health
care workers for E MOC.
- We provide safe and clean institutional delivery in a comfortable and friendly
- We recocnised the importance of technological achievements for providing patient care,
teaching and learning activities.
- Problem solving with knowledge and practice, improving clinical skills for patient care.
- Lifelong learning and practiced based learning for improvement in patient care.
- To incorporate interpersonal and communication skills and professionalism in our system
- To improve our subspecialities Gynecologic Oncology, Maternal and fetal medicine,
Reproductive endocrinology and infertility, urogynac/reconstructive pelvic surgeries.
Dr. J.I. Fidvi , Professor & Head of Department.
Dr. N.R. Raghuvanshi, Asso. Prof.
Dr. Vivek Karale, Asst. Prof.
Dr. Neha Bagdiya, Asst. Prof.
Dr. Poonam Bagdiya, Asst. Prof.
Dr. Sonal Shravagi, S.R.
Dr. Priyanka Sonone, J.R.
Dr. Sneha Ingale, J.R.
Dr. Shyamkumar Sirsam, Asso. Prof.
Dr. Dharmendra Raut, Asst. Prof.
Dr. Prachi Korrane, Asst. Prof.
Dr. Madhuri Dhakane, Asst. Prof.
Dr. Rohini Gulhane, S.R.
Dr. Shrividya Tadru, J.R.
Dr. Rita Savale, J.R.
Dr. Aparna Wahane, Asso. Prof.
Dr. Bhupendra Patil, Asst. Prof.
Dr. Sujata Gujarkar, Asst. Prof.
Dr. Sushma Deshmukh, S.R.
Dr. Sonal Gosavi, J.R.